Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Rearview Mirror

It happened today. I looked in the rearview mirror and simply saw. I quieted my heart and let myself take it in: my girls; especially, my oldest Gracie. They have grown and changed so much in the last year. I looked back and I saw…a young lady. Sometimes you have those moments that stop you in your track and you say, where has the time went, how did we get here. I was having one of those moments today.
So often we get caught up in the craziness of our everyday life or get focused on the negative things that we miss the Presence of God in our midst; we miss the beautiful things in our midst. Jeremiah 29:13 says, “If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.”
So are you noticing the beautiful things that God is doing in your midst? In your life? Are you seeking God or is your focus on other things?
I heard this great song today on the radio (actually as I was watching my girls come out of the school). It’s called “Beautiful Things” by Gungor.  Here are some of the lyrics:
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You
You make me new, You are making me new
Take some time this week to look around (and maybe even in the rearview mirror) I’m enjoying my “beautiful things:” my now 5th Grader and my 2nd Grader!

No comments:

Post a Comment