Sunday, January 8, 2012

To Share or Not to Share…


You just never know when or where God will give you an opportunity to share your story. The other day, I was with a group of women that I just met. We could sit wherever we wanted at a table at a local restaurant. Wouldn’t you know it that the person I sat next to, would ask for advice about foster care and adoption. She is a pastor and had a congregation member ask her about agencies and general advice. She wanted to know if any of us had any suggestions. It opened the door for me to share our story. If I would have chose to sit at the other end of the table, I would have never heard her question.  If I chose to go home that day rather than fellowship with this new group of women, I would have never been there to be able to give an answer AND once the question was asked, I could have chose to give a quick answer of an agency recommendation or two because when I open up and share our story, questions usually go to a deeper level.
Have you had that experience:  the one where God opens a door to have a deeper conversation; one that may include sharing your faith and/or part of your personal testimony and pain. Then you have a choice: to share or not to share, that IS the question.
God often opens doors for us to share how God has moved in our lives. It usually includes, the good, the bad and the ugly. It is our story of redemption, of transformation, of not having it “all together,” of pain, of joy, etc. But in sharing our story, God can plant seeds of faith, can open up new relationships, can speak a word of healing…but we have to be willing to share it first.
Are you willing?

No comments:

Post a Comment